A very simple, but as always, delicious breakfast combination which is a winner if you are pressed for time in the mornings and want something to blitz up and take with you on the move.
Four very simple ingredients: kale, blueberries, coconut water and vanilla protein, mixed up in a matter of seconds equals this purple/ green delight that tastes awesome and fills you up so you don’t fall into that panic hunger trap at the train station and experience a mid-morning dip in energy.
Here’s a video so you can watch how simple it is to make….
When someone tells me they aren’t a breakfast person, I’m skeptical, but I think it’s largely due to morning habits and being pressed for time. Breakfast done right, fuels us for the rest of the day, curbs our hunger and controls our calorie intake for the remainder of the day, and it can give us the brain power and energy to take on whatever the day brings.
Time is often the most limiting factor in the morning for most people, with ‘I don’t have time to make breakfast’ as the most commonly reported bit of feedback in most people’s busy mornings so this is the kind of fail-proof smoothie you can fall back on mid-week to keep things reliable tasty and simple.
All the healthy best,
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla)
- Coconut water (half a glass, around 250ml)
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- 1 handful kale
- 2 medjool dates, de-pitted (optional)
- 5 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into the blender, removing the fibrous stem of the kale and blend for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Add ice and optional dates for sweetness and blend for a further minute.
- Drink right away and enjoy!