Just like a berry milkshake you enjoyed as a child, but this one is packed full of only good for you ingredients and has no added sugar. It’s my new favourite breakfast/snack/post-work out/whenever smoothie – I am absolutely obsessed with smoothies at the moment as they’re just SO quick and such an amazing way to drip nutrition into your body in an on-the-go way!
Blend all the ingredients in your blender and add an extra pinch of dried blueberries or desiccated coconut for decorational purposes – and sip it through a straw. This breakfast berry thickshake is a great one to get the kids involved with as it tastes so milkshake-like and gets them connected to healthy food in a fun way, whilst also getting them to enjoy some greens with their meals. If like me, you don’t have kids, it’s a great brekki to enjoy if you have a super busy morning ahead and only have a few minutes to knock together a breakfast. Blend and go.
Hope you love it!
Wishing you a delicious smoothie-filled morning/ afternoon or evening.
- 300ml filtered water
- 1½ scoops vanilla or chocolate protein (I use a brand called Sunwarrior)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 handful baby leaf spinach (buy fresh spinach and keep it in the freezer for a constant supply of spinach)
- half a frozen banana
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Optional for decoration: 1 teaspoon dried blueberries (I used a brand called Finberry) or desiccated coconut
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blitz until thick and creamy.
- Top with desiccated coconut or dried/ fresh blueberries if you fancy