I’d like to introduce you to my guilty pleasure at the moment and one of the best edible treats I’ve discovered; it’s called ‘Chocolate surprise’ in my house and it’s the best thing ever! A simple blend of hazelnuts, ground almonds, raw cacao, desiccated coconut and maple syrup, with almond butter in the centre, served in a bowl with a teaspoon and a cup of tea equals the best on the sofa treat I have ever created!
Filled with nothing but healthy anti-inflammatory fats from the mixture of three nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and coconut) and antioxidants and essential minerals such as magnesium, iron, copper and manganese from raw cacao, it is also 100% good for you.
‘Chocolate surprise’ has become a rather obsession in my house of late, and everytime I try to add a new flare or a twist that makes it even tastier and more decadent, whilst at the same time being super healthy. The latest flare is the dollop of almond butter on top, it’s just the best!!
Enjoy being in chocolate heaven and if you create any extra special variations of your own, then let everyone know below in the comments section so we can also get sampling! Share your recreations with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using #Jessipes and tag me using the hashtag @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them!
All the healthy best,
- 2 heaped tablespoons ground almonds (30g)
- 2 heaped tablespoons desiccated coconnut (15g)
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao (10g)
- 1 heaped teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 heaped tablespoons hazelnuts (30g)
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconnut
- 3 hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- Add the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Next, add the hazelnuts and blend for a quick second so that the hazelnuts are partially broken up but still remain slightly crunchy to give the overall blend some texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts, desiccated coconut and a teaspoon of almond butter.
- Serve with a herbal tea and a teaspoon and enjoy!