One quick word of warning and a small request…don’t pre-judge the ingredients, trust me it tastes amazing! The recipe contains a couple of surprise ingredients, and getting your guest to try and guess what they are is a fun game….(they’ll never guess one of them).
Banana and avocado are the main ingredients, they lend a rich and creamy texture and the raw cacao gives it that typical indulgent chocolate mousse hit that we know and love. I know you’re probably raising a serious eyebrow right now and thinking it’s the most random combination and the most unpleasant blend in the world and it’s going to be no comparison lfor a shop bought mousse, but trust me on this one – it’s seriously amazing and gives you the same ‘I’m spoiling myself’ feeling as the shop bought kind, but this version gives you so many benefits.
I don’t create many healthy desserts on #JESSIPES, mainly because recipe testing means that I eat a lot of similar versions of the final recipe and I like to encourage my taste buds to keep on the savoury side, but this recipe was a pleasure to make and re-create, re-test, and re-test again. My fiancé convinced me it was totally perfect and only then did I stop eating mousse for dessert every night 😉
All the ingredients can be found in my shop section if you’re stuck on which cacao and coconut to buy but the rest can be bought in any supermarket or market. Here is a video to show you how quick and easy it is to make =======>
It looks the part and tastes the part, it’ll hit your sweet spot and make you feel amazing at the same time.
Share this with someone you know who LOVES chocolate but you know likes to keep healthy at the same time, as this will make them beyond happy to see that chocolate mousse can be on the menu!
All the healthy best,
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and flesh scooped out
- 2 ripe banana, peeled
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 10 fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon desiccated ccoonut for decoration (optional)
- Put the avocado, banana, coconut oil, pitted dates, cacao powder in the blender, and blend until you get a smooth consistency and no lumps.
- Pour the mousse into two ramekins or cocktail glasses, then put them in the freezer for 30 minutes before transferring them the fridge.
- When ready to eat, place the fresh raspberries over the top of each dessert and sprinkle with some desiccated coconut, and enjoy.