Pea & mint smash
So quick, utterly simple and a dish you can rustle up at any time in your kitchen, frozen peas pending, this pea and lemon combination is a dream. Served hot or cold, it can be teamed up with your main meal or enjoyed as a snack. My favourite time to make this is when I make fish, homemade sweet potato chips cooked in coconut oil and paprika and this zesty pea and mint smash just finishes it off and is utterly yum.
I would love to see your version of this and what other foods you’ve teamed it up with. Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 2 cups defrosted frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lug of olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 handful of mint
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, mix up the peas, mint, lemon zest (leaving a little aside for garnishing), lemon juice, lug of olive oil and seasoning.
- Blend until the pea smash mixture is as smooth or as chunky as you'd like it.
- It can be served cold or heated up, if you're heating it, simply transfer the mix into a saucepan on medium heat for a few minutes until it's heated through.
- Serve in small bowls on the table for people to help themselves to or dish up straight onto plates and enjoy!