Oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut will leave you feeling festive, full, and enjoying the cold mornings. Serve it with warm almond milk and put your finest slippers on for an all round delicious morning! This gluten free granola is so quick and easy to make which is ideal as it gets eaten in my house quicker than I can replenish the stock!
Do you know anyone that loves breakfast as much as you or is always stuck for tasty ideas they can batch make and enjoy throughout the week? Share this recipe with them as a pre-Christmas gift.
All the healthy best,
- 250g (2 ½ cups) gluten free oats
- 20g (¼ cup) gluten free oat flour
- 150g (1 cup) almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g (1 cup) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 75g (½ cup) sunflower seeds
- 40g (1 cup) dried coconut flakes
- 1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons 120ml (½ cup) coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons 60ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine pecans, oats, coconut, sunflower seeds and almonds in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Melt together coconut oil, maple syrup, and spices.
- Stir coconut oil combo through the dry ingredients until well coated, spread across baking tray then pop in oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turn the ingredients and cook a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on tray then store in an airtight container.