Acceptance of Terms
1. Personal Information.
When you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. We do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Websites unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending us an email or signing up for a newsletter. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
2. Order Information.
When you place an Order, you must provide us with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. Billing Information.
4. Other Information.
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.Such Other Information may include:(i) From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.(ii) From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Websites, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Websites. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Marie Forleo International marketing email. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account or their Orders. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Order Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to process Orders; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Websites and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Customizing Our Website. We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- Our Company will access, use and share the Information as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Data Aggregation. We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information. We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of My 28 Day Challenge, our Users, employees, and affiliates. We will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programmes, we may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information and Personally Identifiable Information) with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programmes.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, Order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, customers, and our products and services, we may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Websites and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jessica Dyer or others.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; during webinars, classes, telephone conferences, or coaching calls; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Websites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Important Notice to Non-U.K. Residents
We do not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.External Websites
JESSIPES works with brands all over the globe that we can stand behind and that we know you’ll love too! Companies and brands will send me products to try or develop recipes with. Whenever I review or refer to a product that was provided to me, I will make it clear in the post, otherwise it is a product that I have purchased and will not necessarily mention in that post.
This policy is valid starting from 1 November 2016. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Jess at JESSIPES. For questions about this blog, please contact info [at] jessipes [dot] co [dot] uk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
While this blog may be compensated for a review of a product or service, such compensation will never have an effect on the honest opinion that I present on this blog. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
Please e-mail info [at] jessipes [dot] co [dot] uk [email@example.com] or refer to the FTC’s ruling on blogger disclosure: FTC Rules on Sponsored Conversations
Release of Liability
Any item promoted/advertised/sponsored on this site that you choose to partake in is your decision and I am not liable for any problems that arise including, but not limited to: not receiving products, receiving broken or damaged goods, seeing an item you bought go on sale after you buy it, technical difficulties with sites that I link to. Furthermore, any information you submit to any external site is at your own risk.
AFFILIATE DISCRETION NOTICE
JESSIPES is a participant of several affiliate programmes which is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking directly to sources that JESSIPES genuinely likes. If you click on any of those links, which are known as “affiliate links”, and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll get a small commission. The commission is paid by the third parties, not by you! Affiliate links and resources earned help support my efforts here at JESSIPES, thank you!