Raw nutella balls
Before I clock off for the weekend I wanted to share with you this d e l i c o u s recipe for the chocolate beauties I created yesterday afternoon in my kitchen when I was working from home in my afternoon cup of tea break!
They got devoured in one night by my hubby and I, but as only good for you ingredients went into the recipe, not an ounce of guilt was experienced – only pure enjoyment before, during and afterwards 🙂
We don’t keep chocolate, biscuits or sugary foods in the house as neither of us have any self control when it comes to these foods, so if they’re not there, we simply don’t eat them. Instead, when we want a sweet fix, our only option is to knock up something with nuts and cacao and get inventive!
These chocolate balls reminded me of nutella because of their hazelnut and chocolate flavours and to be completely honest, they gave you the exact same indulgent choc fix and went perfectly with a cuppa for on the sofa catch ups whilst it was raining outside.
Makes 12 balls:
100g roasted hazelnuts
50g brazil nuts
4 medjool dates
2 tablespoons raw cacao plus optional extra for coating
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the nuts to a food processor and blend until they resemble a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend. The mixture should now be clumping together. If it isn’t, add another tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Roll 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture into golf ball sized balls using your hands and set aside. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Optional – Roll the balls in some extra cacao so they give the balls a cacao coating.
- Pop the rolled balls in the fridge for an hour/ freezer for 10 minutes or eat them as they are with a cuppa.
Hope you love them and they sweeten up your evenings in healthy style.