A bread that is gluten free, grain free but abundant in taste, good smells and flavours. I made this bread for my yogis at the retreat I did with Kula Hot Yoga & Wellbeing in January and it was a m a z i n g and so delicious paired up with my roasted tomato, carrot and rosemary soup recipe.
Simon, Phili, Dee, Derek, Gerry, Baris, Sue, Alison, Chris and Maitreya – here is the recipe so you guys can finally make it at home.
If you wanted to make a sweeter bread for a breakfast, just remove the rosemary from the list of ingredients and swap it for sultananas, cranberries or raisins and you have a hot cross bun kind of loaf! Dangerous to have in the house if you have a limited reserve of self-control and like sweet smelling things like me, so I make it savoury and then it lasts longer!
Post-bread team shot and yoga poses! >>>>>
I hope you love it!
Share your bread love with me below.
- 270g (3 cups) ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried rosemary
- 185ml (¾ cup) sparkling water
- Fresh rosemary for decoration
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, eggs, baking soda, coconut oil and sparkling water. Fold together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a lightly greased loaf pan and bake at 180°C/ 356°F for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
- I normally store the bread in the fridge as it makes it last longer, and if you want to freeze it that works too, I normally slice it before freezing first though to make toasting easier!