3 ways to make courgetti
If you’re new to “courgetti” and have never heard of the concept, then in a nutshell it’s courgette made into a spaghetti-like shape using one of three kitchen implements and there you have “courgetti” or courgette pasta! Stateside it can be called zucchini noodles, zucchini pasta or zoodles! So many different names for effectively the same thing so confuse not!
Courgetti is a fairly new concept which has gone viral in people’s kitchens just because it’s so quick and easy and it provides a much less processed alternative to pasta! You can also pair it up with an awesome dressing, I love cashew pesto or sundried tomato pesto or just olive oil and good quality salt, so it tastes amazing. It can be eaten raw (uncooked) or stir-fried for a few minutes and enjoyed warm.
More and more people notice digestive issues when they have wheat or gluten-containing grains so having a healthy alternative which is actually quicker for people to prepare is a godsend. It certainly is in my household as anything that’s quicker to prepare and actually healthier, is a win-win in our busy days. I’ve found that people that aren’t crazy about courgettes and people that actually really dislike courgettes due to bad memories of parents or grannies dishing up slimey courgette dishes enjoy this way of eating them it’s that good – so give it a go if that’s you as you might surprise yourself.
Here is a video to walk you through the three ways of preparing your courgetti depending on the amount of space in your kitchen. You’ll need a spriralizer, a three-way peeler or a sharp knife! I find it is so much easier when someone shows you how to do it so I hope this video is super useful for you =====>
7 REASSONS WHY YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY COURGETTI
- You’re trying to get more vegetables into your life as you know their countless benefits.
- You’re trying to reduce the empty calories in your diet and are looking for healthy ways to make positive switches.
- You suspect wheat or gluten don’t agree with you, maybe they make you bloat, give you skin outbreaks, make you feel super tired and mentally sluggish, but you don’t want to cut ‘pasta’ out of your life.
- You feel like being experimental on the food front and want to try something new.
- Adding positive habits into your life rather than cutting out all your favourite foods is an approach that sits well with you. Courgetti in place of spaghetti is simple and it means you never go without.
- You don’t do a lot of exercise at the moment or have some weight (fat) you’d like to lose, so are looking for low carb alternatives to your favourite dishes. If so, this is a total winner.
- You have kids who you want to get more involved in the kitchen. Spiralizers are great for this!
If you’d like to have a go at making it (which I 100% recommend you do), then this is a recipe for Lemon & basil pesto courgetti with garlic prawns and Wild salmon courgetti with sundried tomato & cashew pesto to get you started!
Once you’ve made your courgetti, share your creation on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts! Hearing from you makes me beyond happy.
All the healthy best,