Avocado & Jalapeño Dip
This creamy dish is one of my favourite ways to enjoy avocados which are one of my favourite fruits as they are one of the most versatile ingredients to cook and they add a whole level of creaminess to whatever dish they touch. They are also super high in vitamins E, B3 and B5 as well as folic acid and vitamin K and they contain lots of monounsatured fats which are really important to get into the diet.
A few of my favourite ways of using them in the kitchen are blended into smoothies, chopped up into salads, added to cabbage wraps, making them into a creamy pasta sauce or blending them into a chocolate mousse. That last idea probably caused a slight eyebrow raise, but it’s true, in a mousse you wouldn’t even know they were there and it tastes delicious. I will share a chocolate mousse recipe with you soon so you can try it out for yourself and make it at your next dinner party. You can play guess the missing ingredient and you’ll watch everyone’s jaw drop when you say avocado is the main ingredient!
So when it comes to being busy, I like to unwind by eating my favourite comfort foods and avocado is always on that list, in one form or another! This super tasty recipe is so quick to make and it works beautifully with sweet potato crips being dunked into it or cucmber batons so it’s perfect for a dinner party dip. It also surprisingly works too well with fish, especially my cauliflower rice kedgeree! This was discovered by total accident but my boyfriend and I enjoyed one of our favourite meals to date when I prepared these two dishes seperately and we ate them together!
I hope you enjoy making it and it gets the thumbs up in your household! Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 2 avocados, peeled and seed removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, finely, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into your food processor, keeping aside half of the jalapeño and a small amount of coriander for later decoration.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, it should only take 10 seconds or so.Taste it and add any salt or pepper according to your taste bud preference!
- Place the dip in a serving bowl.
- Fiinely slice the remainder of your jalapeño and sprinkle it over the dip along with your remaining coriander leaves.
- [If you want a less spicy dip, just use half of the jalapeño and either process with the rest of the ingredients or sprinkle on top].
- Serve with your favourite dipping food, I love home made sweet potato crisps which I will share with you or cucumber or celery or it also goes amazingly well with fish dishes and salads as a side to a meal.