Bacon, roasted vine tomatoes & basil avocado
Breakfast is 1 billion % my favourite meal of the day, and since the introduction of meat into my life, bacon is definitely up there with my favourite meats! I can’t believe I have lived 27 years without bacon in my life!!!
This is a very simple but very delicious breakfast or brunch which you can make for just yourself or amplify and cook up for your house. The basil avocado is so delicious and pairs up perfectly with the bacon, tomatoes and eggs.
“Fry-ups” can be totally healthy and this recipe will show you just how to do it….
I hope you love it!
All the healthy best,
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stem of vine tomatoes, roughly 10 vine tomatoes
- 2 rashers bacon
- ½ large avocado or 1 small avocado, peeled and mashed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill on full heat and once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil to a baking tray, place your rashers of bacon on top and lightly coat the top of the bacon with olive oil to stop it going dry. I usually just get a little olive oil in my hands and rub it over the bacon. Put the tray under the grill for 10 minutes with the door slightly open.
- Whilst the bacon is grilling, we’re going to poach the eggs so boil the kettle and once boiled add boiling water to a frying pan so it is at least 1 inch deep in water. On a medium heat allow the boiled water to gently simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon to ensure the water is heated right the way through and there are no cold pockets.
- Gently crack two eggs on the side of your pan and drop at a low height into the water.
- Allow eggs to poach for 5 minutes. You'll see the egg whites turning white and the yolk cooking.
- minutes into the bacon grilling time, add the vine tomatoes to the bacon baking tray with a touch of olive oil and whilst the eggs are poaching, mash up the avocado and add the lemon juice, fresh basil salt and pepper.
- Plate up the bacon, eggs, avocado and grilled tomatoes and enjoy!