Coconut & chili corn on the cob
This is such a ridiculously simple but totally delicious snack that takes all of 5 minutes to enjoy and involves just five simple ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper!!
Corn on the cob provides one of the best sourcess of fibre for healthy digestion and has anti-inflammatory powers, like most plant foods do! It is also packed with vitamin C. The addition of coconut oil, as well as adding to the flavour profile of the snack, also contributes healthy fats to the dish which helps to slow the release of sugars naturally contained in the corn into the blood stream meaning it’ll do your energy levels a huge favour for longer afterwards!
In this recipe I have added chilli flakes but tamari also works amazingly too 🙂
Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 4 corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- cracked black pepper
- himalyan salt
- In a large pan, bring some water to the boil.
- Remove any leaves from the corn before placing the cobs into the boiling water.
- Drop the corn into it when it's at a rolling boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cobs using a colander and rub them with coconut oil. This will allow for your salt, pepper and chilli flakes to stick!
- Place your cobs cut up into individual bowls or on large sharing platter.
- Add seasoning according to your taste buds and enjoy the corn straight off the cob.