Green tea energy balls
These little green energy bites have had entire rooms full of people talking, so much so, that I got asked back twice to do a nutrition talk to a company in the City, on the condition that I brought these along with me again! Of course, my answer was yes! I have just further improved the recipe to reduce the natural sugar and up the goodness but don’t worry, no taste has been sacrificed!
As with the Almond & Cacao Love Bombs, they are SO simple to make. All you require is a food processor and the ingredients in the recipe card and 15 minutes and your snacking for the rest of the week will be such a happy experience. So a bit of initial organisation to get the ingredients in and once that bit is done, you’re away and will be hooked on these balls for life!
Matcha green tea donates a bright green colour to the balls and a burst of catechins which are antioxidant superstars!
I hope you enjoy making these and they are as big a hit as they have been for me! Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 140g ground almonds (1 cup)
- 100g desiccated coconut (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Love Coconut)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of matcha green tea powder (I used TeaPigs. Make sure you use the bright green matcha green tea powder and not matcha green tea bags)
- 2 x scoops of vanilla protein powder
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor (reserving a handful of desiccated coconut for decoration) and blend until everything has been combined together to form a sticky mixture.
- With your hands, roll the mixture into individual golf sized balls, using about a heaped teaspoon's worth of mixture at a time.
- Sprinkle some dessicated coconut onto a plate and gently roll your balls into the coconut for a decorative touch.
- Transfer your balls to the fridge for an hour to firm up and any that you don't eat in an hours time (which if you're anything like me will be very few) can be stored back in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy every green bite!