Hazelnut Chai Tea Latte
The girl is back from Australia and I can’t wait to share more recipes and nutritional insights with you in 2016. I thought I’d kick off the year with a homemade hazelnut chai tea latte as it’s such a Winter warmer and having come back from Australia where I was living in my bikini everyday for two weeks, to London where I’m living in my slippers, wooly hats and jumpers, I have needed all the warmth I can get!!
This chai tea latte fills your kitchen up with so many gorgeous smells and it truly is a hug in a mug! Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves all have natural immune boosting and anti-inflammatory properties so whilst doing your taste buds some good and making you feel calm, they also help to relieve the aches and pains of Winter!
Here’s the video for you ====>
Once you’ve given it a go, share your comments below and if you’re on Instagram or Facebook, tag me in your recipes using the #JessipesRecipes so I can follow your kitchen creations!
Have a fab day,
- 2 cups halenut milk
- 3 peppercorns
- 3 cloves (whole)
- 1 cardammon pod (whole)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 black tea bags (assam)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Combine hazelnut milk, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and a cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for at least 3 minutes. (The longer you boil, the more the spices will release their flavor.)
- Turn off the heat and place tea bags in spiced milk. Brew for another few minutes.
- Stir in the coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Strain and serve immediately.