Paprika roasted chicken
My first meat dish on #Jessipes since I have dipped my toe into the meat eating world as of last month, after 26 years years of being a pescetarian!
This recipe is amazing all year round, especially in the Summer when our eating habits tend to shift a little and salads make a more frequent appearance along with sitting outdoors to eat with friends.
The coconut oil gives the chicken a delicious crisp to it and the smoked paprika gives it a gorgeous flavour and smell and, as with all my #Jessipes, it’s so incredibly simple to prepare. I made this recipe on a Sunday and it fed my boyfriend and I on Sunday lunch, and then we had leftover chicken to add to our salads and as part of our dinners mid-week, so it’s great if your weeks are rather busy and time precious.
I teamed up the chicken with a really simple asparagus, radish, cucumber and baby kale salad with an extra virgin olive oil and lime dressing and also had some sliced avocado and lime on the side and it was just fab.
All the healthy best,
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- The zest and juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the oil/butter in a sauce pan with the paprika, crushed garlic, lime zest and juice on a very low heat. Once melted, rub the spiced oil all over the chicken, massaging the chicken.
- Grind a generous amount of salt and pepper over it.
- Place the chicken on a large roasting tray and roast for 1 hour 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Team up the chicken with a simple avocado and red onion salad and enjoy!