Roasted Curried Cauliflower & Chickpeas
This recipe seems almost too simple to post but it’s so delicious and a favourite in my house and has converted friends and family who previously didn’t like cauliflower. Roasting cauliflower adds a whole new dimension to the taste and there are so many delicious combinations you can use to flavour it. Fresh minced garlic, turmeric, chilli powder and a bit of cumin is totally yum, as is curry powder and lemon juice.
It can make a tasty addition and texture contribution to your salads or you can pair it with your favourite fish or meat.
I hope you love it!
All the healthy best,
- 1 cauliflower
- 400g chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Half a lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the stalk and leaves of the cauliflower and chop it into small florets.
- Transfer the florets to a baking tray or ceramic dish and add drained chickpeas.
- Warm up the coconut oil until it's liquid and pour it over the cauliflower and chickpeas so all the florets have been coated. You may want to use a wooden spoon to lightly mix the chickpeas, cauliflower and oil together to ensure the oil has been thoroughly mixed in.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the mixture and transfer the dish to the oven.
- Every 15 minutes, using a pair of tongs, flip the cauliflower to ensure even cooking.
- Once the cauli has turned a golden brown, which should take around 35-40 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, pour the juice of half a lemon over the mix and allow to roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot or cold!