Ruby chard, bell pepper, lemon & carrot juice
This was a quick juice I knocked up with some leftover veggie ingredients I had going on in the fridge and it was the best recipe I’ve ever done in the juicing department. It’s always the way, your best creations happen when you least expect or plan it!
Beetroot: contain Folate (Vitamin B9), Manganese, Potassium, Iron, Carotenoid beta-carotene and Betalains (betacyanins and betaxanthins). These nutrients are cleansing by helping to detoxify the liver and gall bladder and they also help reduce kidney stones. The knock on healthy side effects of all these nutrient side effects can be enjoyed when you introduce beetroot into your life!
Spinach: contains Vitamin A, Folate (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine),Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Carotenoids zeaxanthin and lutein, Glycoclycerolipids) which help to regulate blood pressure, have anti-cancer properties, boost immunity within the body and support bone health. So all in all, spinach is a pretty amazing leaf get in wherever possible!
Carrots: known for their Vitamin A content which contributes towards healthy eye health, carrots are also high in B-vitamins, Vitamin C and Vitamin K, Magnesium and Caroteinoids (beta-carotene and lutein) which have liver cleansing properties by encouraging detoxification.
So now you know some of the benefits, and you know it tastes amazing I can’t wait for you to try it for yourself and report back to base! Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 2 pieces of ruby chard, stalks removed
- handful of spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and stalk removed
- 2 fresh beetroot
- handful of parsley
- 2 carrots
- Half a lemon
- Chop all your veg up into chunks so that they fit through the funnel of your juicer with ease.
- Add all the ingredients, one by one into your juicer.
- Depending on the make of your juicer and how powerful the motor and blades are, you may need to interchange between your more fibrous veggies like the chard, cabbage and carrots with the more high water ingredients like the pepper which will help your greens along a bit without getting a trafffic jam in your juicer!
- Add a couple of ice cubes to your jar/glass and pour the juice and enjoy every sip!
- If you have any leftover or you want to enjoy half now and half later on then store it the fridge in an airtight container or in a glass filled as closely to the top and cover it with cling film to reduce the oxidation.