Shrimp, avocado & radish salad with a citrus dressing
This is a delicious throw-together salad which has such simple ingredients, tastes yum and looks so pretty with a little bit of careful ingredient placement!
The peppery radishes go so well with the creamy avocados and vinegar dressed cucumbers and the shrimp give the salad a healthy dose of protein to fill the meal out and keep you full. I made this salad last weekend as a starter for four people and put it on a big plate in the middle of the table so that people could help themselves but I will also make this again and again as a main meal for two, with some extra greens (rocket, spinach or watercress) and a few more shrimp now that the weather is hotting up here in London and Summer has arrived.
The flowers were freshly picked by my mother-in-law from her garden, so they made it in the shot!
All the healthy best,
- 100g cooked and peeled small brown shrimps
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into thin slices
- half a cucumber, finely peeled in long strips (use potato peeler)
- 1 handful of radishes, thinly sliced
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a potato peeler, peel the cucumber into long strips and place in the middle of your plate in a cucumber heap. Drizzle the cucumber with apple cider vinegar and allow to soak whilst you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and slice the avocado into thin slices. Scoop out the flesh using a spoon and place the thin slices of avocado on the serving plate in a fan-like shape around the cucumber.
- Add the shrimps and sliced radishes on top of the cucumber and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with black pepper and salt to taste and serve cold!