My favourite snazzy beans
These beans, otherwise known as the “snazzy beans” used to be something my old housemate Lisa and I would always rustle up on a Sunday morning and enjoy with a poached or boiled egg or two with some sautéed garlic mushrooms and some greens of some sort, usually spinach.
You can make snazzy beans as snazzy and as spicy as you like but the recipe here gets it just right.
In all my days of snazzy bean making I’ve also added olives, sundried tomatoes, fresh coriander and parsley and so many other in the fridge ingredients but this is the basic recipe for you and you can add to it as you please!
Looking forward to spending more Sundays with these snazzy beans in my life and I’m glad I’ve shared them with you so your Sundays can be equally enjoyed in the food department! Let me know how you get on and share your photos with me of you sat around the breakfast table enjoying your bean feast!
All the healthy best,
- Hald red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 400ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g cannellini/ borlotti/ haricot beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handful of frozen peas
- Chop the red onion and spring onion.
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and add your chopped onion for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the beans, spring onio and spices and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Once combined, add the chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer for 10 minutes to allow the spices to diffuse into the tomatoes.
- Finally, add the peas and cook for a further few minutes to allow the peas to deforst but remain slightly crunchy.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and any additional herbs as per your preference.
- Share and enjoy!