Spinach sautéed with garlic & chilli
This dish is one of my favourite ways to eat spinach. It’s particularly good served over fish but really it’s just a delicious side that goes with most meals.
It takes a whopping two minutes to cook and only a few minutes to prepare so it’s perfect for those times when time is a limiting factor, like in the evening if you get back from work late and you want to knock up a quick side to go with some fish before hitting the hay.
I hope you enjoy making this one pot wonder. Share your recreations of this recipe with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #Jessipes and tag me using @JessipesRecipes in your posts. I love seeing them, or post your comments below!
All the healthy best,
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (seeds removed, optional)
- 300 g baby spinach (4 large handfuls)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat your oil over a low heat in a wide frying pan.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds until the spinach starts to soften.
- Add the spinach and thoroughly mix the oil into the spinach leaves with a wooden spoon.
- Leave the spinach to wilt for one to two minutes and remove the pan from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Serve it directly out of the frying pan onto your table as part of a help yourself dinner or spoon the garlic spinach directly onto your serving plates.