The whole-istic juice
This is my favourite liver power potion. Aloe vera, dandelion greens and red cabbage give your body a natural diuretic that will purify your blood, cleanse your system and leave you with radiant skin and a clean colon.
If you’re new to juicing, this is a bit more of a hardcore super healthy juice so I would reccomend throwing an apple or two in there to sweeten it up a little as I don’t want any face grimacing going on! Not on my watch!
Aloe vera– Gives your digestive tubes some TLC making this juice a real tummy soother if you have digestive issues such as IBS or bouts of constipation or diarrhoea.
Red cabbage -rich in Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, anthocyanins, glucosinolates and isothiocyanates. A whole load of nutrients that you may not be familiar with but thankfully plants have it covered and know what our bodies need to survive and thrive in the healthiest of ways.
Dandelion greens – rich in Vitamin A, B-vitamins, Calcium, Potassium, Inulin, Pectin, Coumestrol, Flavonoids apigenin and luteolin, Gallic Acid, Essential fats Linoleic and Linolenic Acid, Choline, Triterpenes, Taraxasterol and many other nutrients. These greens are incredible for your detoxification pathways so ideal if you’re feeling like your body really needs a reboot!
Lime – alkalizing green bombshells, packed full of vitamin C to protect cells from all round stress & keep your immune system working at full throttle
All the healthy best,
- ½ tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- ½ head of red cabbage, chopped
- 1 green apple, choped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- handful of dandelion greens
- handful of watercress
- handful of parsley
- 1 lime, peeled
- Chop all your veg up into chunks so that they will fit through the funnel of your juicer with ease.
- Add all the ingredients, one by one into your juicer.
- Depending on the make of your juicer and how powerful the motor and blades are, you may need to interchange between your more fibrous greens like your celery and your cabbage with your more high water ingredients like your cucumber and apple which will help your greens along a bit without getting a trafffic jam in your juicer!
- Add a couple of ice cubes to your jar/glass and pour the juice and enjoy every sip!
- If you have any leftover or you want to enjoy half now and half later on then store it the fridge in an airtight container or in a glass filled as closely to the top and cover it with cling film to reduce the oxidation.